Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SLASH REPAIRS AND SHELBY'S TRI BIKE

This is Shelby's Triathalon Bike.

Apparently she used to do them...

Not any more.

We were going to turn it into a single speed...

Then I found out about Regina Extra
(and the fact that she lives in Geelong and it's hilly)

It's a cluster


For those of you that don't know cluster's are a series of cogs that run on a pawl mechanism that screws on to your hub and are made rather cheaply. This is where Regina did things a little differently. They were around in road racing way back and the whole cluster can be personally tailored to your needs (strength). After doing a little research I found out that the company was Italian and merged with Atom later on and was slowly fazed out. There is a mob in England who still service these clusters and have a ton of cogs that you can buy. You can buy new old stock on ebay and the dopest thing I found out is that originals were (and are) sold in tin's that have brushes built into it to clean between races.

I can just imagine them now,

Salvatore talking to his mechanic:

"Luigi, I find the 18 tooth and 17 great for climbing, but then I want to jump to a 16 cause I'm feeling fine then bang into 13 and 12 and the race is mine"

I couldn't kill this thing, I just hope it survives the hills of Geelong for a bit before I have to think about servicing it!

Check out Shelby's ride now

ITM Bar's

DMR V8 Pedals
Vittoria Rubino Tyre's (had to run a 20 up front cause it's tight)
Colnago bar plugs (it's the fine details my friend)
I had to pull apart the shifters and reverse them to make them work.
Not entirley sure but I question whomever built this bike because it wasn't done right.
Bit of a bitzer like my dog, but the end product is fine.
Nice ride (too small for me at a 53cm) but smooth and responsive. No branding, engraving or marking's on the frame at all. Itallian bottom bracket campag headset.

I hope Shelby's happy, cause your seeing it before she does!

1 comment:

DoubleOhTwo said...

THAT"S HOT!!! Nice one Slash!!! What a pearler!